Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/07 15:46:27 UTC

About to release the Dependency Manager

Hello everybody;

Just to say that this week I will (try to) release the DependencyManager
from the trunk;

The new release will come with the following fixed issues, and other
remaining issues will be addressed later (possibly in the upcoming DM 4.0).
So, I will try to proceeed this week, unless someone reports an important
unknown issue which shall be resolved before we do the release ?

Here are the artifacts and resolved issues about to be included in the new
release:

dependency manager core:

FELIX-3910: Race conditions in DependencyManager
FELIX-4334: ServiceDependency properties change callback issue
FELIX-4285: Remove abstract modifier from DependencyActivatorBase.destroy()
FELIX-4294: Dependency Manager Shell improvements
FELIX-4305: DependencyMananer Adapters - service properties propagation
FELIX-4002: ComponentStateListener.started is invoked twice when the
listener is added in the start method.
FELIX-4395: DependencyManager Configuration Dependency does not clone some
class fields.
FELIX-4014: handleAspectAwareRemoved in ServiceDependencyImpl can cause a
possible deadlock
FELIX-4097: Allow debug logging for specific instances of service
dependencies to debug wiring issues.
FELIX-4098: Aspect swap sometimes invokes the callbacks in the wrong order
in a multithreaded application.
FELIX-4099: Add support for negations in the multi property filter index.
FELIX-4186: NPE in DependencyManager Logger
FELIX-4226: Add option to have the dependency manager log against a single
BundleContext's LogService.
FELIX-4361: Possible ConcurrentModificationException in
DependencyManager.getComponents()

dependency manager shell:

FELIX-4294 - Dependency Manager Shell improvements
FELIX-4352 - Extend shell command to give better insight in where the
problem is

dependency manager annotation runtime:

    * [FELIX-4050] Named dependencies are not injected if new dependencies
are added at init phase.
    * [FELIX-4233] Race condition in dependency manager runtime
SerialExecutor.
    * [FELIX-3869] - Fragment support for DependencyManager-Component
    * [FELIX-4357] - Support types beside String/String[] in @Property
annotation.

dependency manager annotation:

    * [FELIX-3873] - Make the reference to json.org consistent in DM
artifactst
    * [FELIX-3996] - Upgrade to latest bnd version
    * [FELIX-4357] - Support types beside String/String[] in @Property
annotation.

kind regards;
/Pierre

Re: About to release the Dependency Manager

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.eu>.
Hello Pierre,

On 07 Jul 2014, at 15:46 pm, Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to say that this week I will (try to) release the DependencyManager
> from the trunk;

Sounds like a good idea to do another release! +1 on that...

Greetings, Marcel