Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gerold Glaser <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/01 13:01:33 UTC

Springbased DIH vs. Manual Document Index

Hi Listeners!

We have introduced solr in one of our customer projects some time ago.
In the application the search is more useful and a lot of faster than
database soundex search;-)

But the design of the index creation mechanism is still a little bit
confusing and we are unsure what is the "best" strategy to set up an index
correctly.

The main framework for our webapps is spring with all submodules like
springbatch.

What is the proper way to setup an index from different datasources?

Should we create a special springbased dataimporthandler that does all the
logic and has access to three differenct datasources (database, webservice,
file) or should we implement the business logic outside solr and send
searchdocuments afterwards to solr?

We prefer the first proposed version with the dataimporthandler, but I did
not find any example to integrate spring into a dataimporthandler.

Can you provide some hints how to integrate spring?

Thank you.

Best regards.