Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/03/04 03:49:29 UTC

Re: Excalibur Build Failure in service package in the scratchpad.

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:51, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> Excalibur's build is currently failing with the following:

It looks like something added in JDK1.4. You can either exclude it from
compile unless jdk1.4 is present or alternatively make it extend
CascadingException

--
Cheers,

Pete

RE: Excalibur Build Failure in service package in the scratchpad.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

I'll fix it so it uses CascadingException.

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp>.

>Zutt ..... and I'm pumping out stuff left right and centre with the
>flag set in ignorant bliss!  So the bottom line is that a canot validate
>against 1.2 without actually having a 1.2 JDK installed ?

Builds under 1.3 now thanks.

Leif

Re: Excalibur Build Failure in service package in the scratchpad.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:59, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> [...]

correct. However I believe that the nightly builds are done using JDK1.3
which will pick up JDK1.4 isms.

--
Cheers,

Pete

RE: Excalibur Build Failure in service package in the scratchpad.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Steve.

Re: Excalibur Build Failure in service package in the scratchpad.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Umm, confused - my ant javac directive includes the target attribute -
>
>     <javac debug="off" destdir="${build}/lib" target="1.2">
>       <classpath>
> 	  <path refid="project.classpath" />
> 	</classpath>
>       <src path="${src}/java" />
>     </javac>
>
> Isn't this suposes to flag stuff like this as an error?

No.  All that means is the byte-code generated is compatible with that
JDK.  It still compiles to whatever libraries (including the JDK1.4
rt.jar) are in the classpath.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

RE: Excalibur Build Failure in service package in the scratchpad.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@osm.net>.

                                              ^^^^

                                       read "trust" (its late)

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Leif:

Ok, in principal the JDK1.4 dependecies have dissapeared along with Phoenix
dependecies.  However, I don't true the compiler flag for a clean 1.2

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.