Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by David Remy <dr...@bea.com> on 2004/02/07 19:33:59 UTC

set up jira for xmlbeans and move bugs from jira to bugzilla

i understand from a previous post to xmlbeans ( http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org <http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=538> &msgNo=538) that infrastructure will set up xmlbeans in jira and move the xmlbeans bugs over from bugzilla.

xmlbeans had a vote to move over to jira ( http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org <http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=581> &msgNo=581) so please setup jira and move over bugzilla bugs when you get a chance.

thanks,
remy
xmlbeans committer

Re: set up jira for xmlbeans and move bugs from jira to bugzilla

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Matt Bishop wrote:
> Thanks Serge!
>
> Is it possible to have jira email new bugs/comments to the dev list as
> Bugzilla used to do?  I have been adding bugs and patches this evening and
> haven't seen any emails come in.

Matt,

It looks like someone already added xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org to
receive all notices.  Note though that notices are being sent to each
XMLBeans developer group AND the mailing list.  I assume you'd want to
remove the notices to the XMLBeans group.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.  I'm trying to watch how the
different projects use JIRA to establish guidelines/notes.  Thanks.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Re: set up jira for xmlbeans and move bugs from jira to bugzilla

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Serge Knystautas wrote:
>> i understand from a previous post to xmlbeans
>> that infrastructure will set up xmlbeans in jira and move the xmlbeans
>> bugs over from bugzilla.
>
> Finally, I'm going to make you (Dave) a JIRA administrator, which means
> you have full access to everything in JIRA.  The reason we have to do
> this is it's the only way to let you manage who's in the XMLBeans group.

Dave,

Ok, XMLBeans is setup in JIRA.  The project home page is
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10436.
Existing users should have their login info migrated to bugzilla, but
their access rights are not yet mapped.

Right now, you're the only account in the xmlbeans-developers group (I
would need the email addresses of the committers).  You can search
through the email addresses in user browser (under administration) and
add people that group.  Let me know if you have any questions or need
some help with this.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Ok, migrating it now.  I'll have to ask Noel or someone else to make
> XMLBeans read-only in Bugzilla.

Assuming it works, that should be done.

	--- Noel

RE: set up jira for xmlbeans and move bugs from jira to bugzilla

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
David Remy wrote:
> i understand from a previous post to xmlbeans
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=538
> <http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=538>)
> that infrastructure will set up xmlbeans in jira and move the xmlbeans
> bugs over from bugzilla.
>
> xmlbeans had a vote to move over to jira
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=581
> <http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=581>)
> so please setup jira and move over bugzilla bugs when you get a chance.

Dave,

Ok, migrating it now.  I'll have to ask Noel or someone else to make
XMLBeans read-only in Bugzilla.  You can also change your links on your
site to the project-specific page in bugzilla.  I made you the lead
developer (changeable), and the project key is "XMLBeans" (not changeable).

The import can take a while depending on how many bugs your project had.
  In another half hour or hour, I'll go through and make sure
notifications, groups, permissions, etc... are setup right.

Finally, I'm going to make you (Dave) a JIRA administrator, which means
you have full access to everything in JIRA.  The reason we have to do
this is it's the only way to let you manage who's in the XMLBeans group.
  We're establishing one account per project to be responsible for this.
  We've got a feature request in to avoid this workaround in a future
JIRA release.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.