Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ruiz González, Jose de Jesus" <jj...@mapfre.com> on 2005/03/30 23:06:52 UTC

RE: Newbie Question / .NET SOAP Service / Dataset / any / WSDL2Ja va

Sorry, I posted my answer to another thread.

As a Java Client, you never mind wich Database access technology a Web
Service uses.
That is the functionality of a Web Service, it´s an interface between your
java Client And
some (unknown) database.

José de Jesús Ruiz Gonzalez
Departamento de Sistemas
México Asistencia S.A. de C.V.
Sistema Internacional de Asistencia Mapfre

* mailto:jjruiz@mapfre.com
*(52) 55 + 54801298

*Fax(52) 55 + 56112011

<http://www.mexicoasistencia.com/>

Posted by Ralf Bust <Ra...@gmx.de>.
Yes, you are right.
I totally agree.

But usually for me as a client developer it is impossible to change
anything on the server side :(

I totally agree that programming first and generate the WSDL is totaly
wrong.

But is the only answer to my problem that AXIS is unusable for a service
that uses MS Datasets?
I am not going to imagine the amount of time implementing this client by
hand :(

rb