Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Todd White <tm...@merit.edu> on 2006/11/03 21:15:29 UTC

AuthDBI & Apache 2.2 & mod_perl 2

We just upgraded Apache and mod_perl to the 2.x level and now AuthDBI does
not work.  Instead it produces the following in the Apache error log.

Can't locate object method "get_basic_auth_pw" via package
"Apache2::RequestRec" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/AuthDBI.pm
line 219.

Any help, pointers, etc. will be most appreciated.  Even just to learn
that AuthDBI cannot work with mod_perl 2, if that's the case, would be
helpful.

Thanks.
--Todd White

Re: AuthDBI & Apache 2.2 & mod_perl 2

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@pccc.com>.
While I agree that it does work, I do believe he is right that 'use
Apache::Access;' might be needed in the latest version.

Regards,
KAM

Posted by Todd White <tm...@merit.edu>.
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 15:15 -0500, Todd White wrote:
> > > We just upgraded Apache and mod_perl to the 2.x level and now AuthDBI does
> > > not work.
> >
> > You might want to grab the latest AuthDBI from CPAN.  It's 1.04 at the
> > moment.
> Speaking as maintainer, it works fine for me in 2.x.
> I'm pretty sure Kevin McGrail would agree as well.

I did get it to work, finally, but only after also using Apache2::compat,
as in the following line in the httpd.conf file:

  PerlModule Apache::AuthDBI Apache2::compat

Is it known that Apache2::compat is necessary?  Or is it known that this
should NOT be necessary?

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 15:15 -0500, Todd White wrote:
>> We just upgraded Apache and mod_perl to the 2.x level and now AuthDBI does
>> not work.
>
> You might want to grab the latest AuthDBI from CPAN.  It's 1.04 at the
> moment.
Speaking as maintainer, it works fine for me in 2.x.
I'm pretty sure Kevin McGrail would agree as well.

When I call your name, Girl, it starts to flame
Burning in my heart, Tearing it all apart..
No matter how I try My love I cannot hide....

Re: AuthDBI & Apache 2.2 & mod_perl 2

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 15:15 -0500, Todd White wrote:
> We just upgraded Apache and mod_perl to the 2.x level and now AuthDBI does
> not work.

You might want to grab the latest AuthDBI from CPAN.  It's 1.04 at the
moment.

- Perrin