Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/14 12:19:17 UTC

Re: Adobe has announced the end-of-life of the Flash Player

Let's say Adobe releases final version of flash player version 35 for
instance, by end of 2019, without further maintenance or development of the
plugin. Will this version continue to stay forever, whether or not users
want to use it or is it that flash player will be blocked by browsers
themselves? It isn't clear in the article. Or did I miss it?

Posted by Vincent Sotto <ds...@gmail.com>.
really unfortunate really, were still using flash player for our local apps
in our company, now we have to migrate this to another language and we have
around 2 years to do this. i mean if they still allow flashplayer even
without updates would be great

Posted by Gary Yang <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
  I agree w/ Josh's fear of security problems coming from Flash.

  I wonder if a different sandboxing model for plugins would prevent
security issues?

  However, beyond that I'd encourage the effort.  I think it's a neat
idea that sounds like a big challenge and wish you best of luck with that.

>>> http://www.jeffryhouser.com

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: Adobe has announced the end-of-life of the Flash Player

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by flex capacitor <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: Adobe has announced the end-of-life of the Flash Player

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
However, just like with other pieces of hardware that need old versions
of Java, it's perfectly possible to keep an old version of Flash and a
browser around inside something like VirtualBox.

Tom

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.