Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <dh...@csir.co.za> on 2005/06/08 09:43:04 UTC

Re: Storing a xml document uploaded through xmlHttpRequest to a database

Jonas

Can you quote the section of the docs you refer to?

*My* perception is that the SLQ Transformer is the preferred way to
extract data from a databse; ESQL is part of XSP, which the project has
debated deprecating and decided against:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=110033946424629&w=2

What is true is that the older SQL logicsheet/processor are deprecated -
see:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xsp/esql.html
(under Description)

But there is nothing on the SQL Transformer page to suggest *it* is
deprecated:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/sql-transformer.html

But I guess we are moving off-topic here ;-)

>>> jonas@swatdesign.com 2005/06/07 09:55:45 PM >>>
Hmmm...

It's stated, somewhere in the docs, that the modular database action (an
action) is the prefered way of inserting/updating/deleting data in to a
database and esql was prefered for reading from a database. I could use
esql using a dynamic xsp page, but I would prefer to store the xml
documen directly from the request stream without any transformation or
serialization to it, for performance reasons mainly, and simpleness
secondly.

I thought the modular database action (an action) was the only way of
storing binary data to a database. Is there other ways?

/jonas

Posted by Jonas Höglund <jo...@swatdesign.com>.
Well... I can't find it, so I might have read it in some mail archives
or likewise, or I might just have understod it all wrong :-[
/jonas