Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Sullivan, Sean C - MWT" <Su...@menlolog.com> on 2003/11/19 23:02:57 UTC

Correlating LogEvents based upon session identifier

I want to correlate LogEvent's based upon the user's HTTP session
identifier.

Will the "domains" feature in Log4j 1.3 allow me to do this?

-Sean

Re: Correlating LogEvents based upon session identifier

Posted by Paul Smith <pa...@lawlex.com.au>.
On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 09:02, Sullivan, Sean C - MWT wrote:
> I want to correlate LogEvent's based upon the user's HTTP session
> identifier.
>
> Will the "domains" feature in Log4j 1.3 allow me to do this?

You might be able to with domains, but I think you could also easily do
this with the existing MDC (Mapped Diagnostic Context) concept.

cheers,

Paul Smith