Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be> on 2007/10/28 08:23:22 UTC

Buildbot email & RSS output improved.

Just a short notice to say that the Buildbot configuration of the test
step has been improved to return the last 100 lines of stdout instead of
tests.log.

This basically means that the email or RSS message now shows this:

"""
Last lines of the build log:
Running all tests in svnadmin_tests.py [41/51]...success
Running all tests in svnlook_tests.py [42/51]...success
..
At least one test FAILED, checking
/Users/lgo/slavedir/osx10.4-gcc4.0.1-ia32/build/tests.log
FAIL: merge_tests.py 48: merge works when target has copied children
At least one test was SKIPPED, checking
/Users/lgo/slavedir/osx10.4-gcc4.0.1-ia32/build/tests.log
SKIP: update_tests.py 32: update wc on the root of a Windows (virtual) drive
SKIP: utf8_tests.py 1: conversion of paths and logs to/from utf8
SKIP: authz_tests.py 13: authz issue #2712
make[1]: *** [check] Error 1
"""

instead of this:

"""
..
CMD: svn up "--depth=files"
svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-23-depth-empty --config-dir
/Users/lgo/slavedir/osx10.4-gcc4.0.1-ia32/build/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
--password rayjandom --no-auth-cache --username jrandom
CMD: svn status -v -u -q
svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-23-depth-empty --config-dir
/Users/lgo/slavedir/osx10.4-gcc4.0.1-ia32/build/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
--password rayjandom --no-auth-cache --username jrandom
CMD: svn info svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-23-depth-empty
--config-dir
/Users/lgo/slavedir/osx10.4-gcc4.0.1-ia32/build/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
--password rayjandom --no-auth-cache --username jrandom
PASS: depth_tests.py 23: upgrade a depth=empty wc from above
CLEANUP: svn-test-work/working_copies/depth_tests-23
CLEANUP: svn-test-work/repositories/depth_tests-23
END: depth_tests.py

+ exit 2
"""

You'll still be able to download the tests.log file from the buildbot
web page.

I've enabled this for the Mac builds now, Windows and Linux will follow.

Lieven

Re: Buildbot email & RSS output improved.

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Lieven Govaerts wrote:
> Blair Zajac wrote:
>> Lieven Govaerts wrote:
>>> Just a short notice to say that the Buildbot configuration of the test
>>> step has been improved to return the last 100 lines of stdout instead of
>>> tests.log.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Can we get the MIME type fixed so in Google's Reader we don't see the
>>
>> If you want to see how it currently looks, go to
>>
>> http://reader.google.com/
>>
>> and just subscribe to the feed and you'll see it.
>>
> This problem only exists with the Atom feed, you might want to switch to
> RSS for now:  http://www.mobsol.be/buildbot/rss.

Thanks!  That works great.

Regards,
Blair

Re: Buildbot email & RSS output improved.

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Lieven Govaerts wrote:
> Just a short notice to say that the Buildbot configuration of the test
> step has been improved to return the last 100 lines of stdout instead of
> tests.log.

Thanks!

Can we get the MIME type fixed so in Google's Reader we don't see the <br>, and
other HTML markup?

If you want to see how it currently looks, go to

http://reader.google.com/

and just subscribe to the feed and you'll see it.

Thanks,
Blair

Re: Buildbot email & RSS output improved.

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net>.
Great, this will be much easier to read!

One other issue: I think the content-type for the RSS feed is wrong,
since at least on Google Reader it always shows up as the HTML source
(<br/> and all).

--dave

David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/

Re: Buildbot email & RSS output improved.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be> writes:
> Just a short notice to say that the Buildbot configuration of the test
> step has been improved to return the last 100 lines of stdout instead of
> tests.log.

Yay!  Thank you -- this will be a great help.