Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu> on 2009/03/06 23:30:05 UTC

Distributed Lock Libraries

When I first discovered Zookeeper last year, it was all about the
low-level file-system semantics, and letting the client use it with
several knowns recipes (design patterns, algorithms, etc).

And I remember it mentioning that some people within Yahoo were working
on a nice client-side library to expose those recipes in a cleaner more
reliable way.

I was wondering, has any been able to create a client-side library that
exposes Zookeeper as a simple java.util.concurrent.locks interfaces?
(Lock, ReadWriteLock)??

Re: Distributed Lock Libraries

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Fernando,
 Our 3.2 release is focussed more on having such recipes in a clieaner and
reliable way.
 One of the jiras that focusses on this is
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-78.

We hope to add more of such recipes in 3.2.

Thanks
mahadev