Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by David Remy <dr...@bea.com> on 2004/01/22 20:57:33 UTC

Bugzilla to Jira?

I have noticed that many of the new apache projects are using jira (http://nagoya.apache.org/jira) rather than bugzilla. Just glancing at it it seems a lot cleaner and more functional. We do not have very many bugs in bugzilla yet so it would be a good time to migrate if we want to.

Although I have limited knowledge on this, so based on that alone someone could vote -1, I propose we vote on moving from xmlbeans bug/issue tracking from bugzilla to jira. Since I think this is new to all of this how about if we end the vote a week from today, Thurs, Jan 29 (unless all committers vote earlier I guess)?

If we do this it would be great to get a volunteer to help move the bugs over to jira. Also we need to work on our bug management process, perhaps a proposal/description for how bugs will go through different stages to being fixed (we need this regardless of jira) . Also there are other capabilities of jira that look interesting such as feature tracking, it would be interesting to see if we could incorporate our planning into jira ... Kevin, you have been doing a lot of helpful work around v1 bugs would you be interested in working on this (assuming we go forward with it)?

Anyone comments pro or con on jira would be welcome.

rem

Re: Bugzilla to Jira?

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
There is an automagic Bugzilla -> Jira migration available. Just let
the infrastructure folks know to do it.

I've used (and admined, including a migration) both, let me know if I
can assist. JIRA doesn't add much actual functionality, but the UI
improvements alone are wonderful (and you certainly don't lose
functionality)

-Brian

btw - it is common practice to include a [vote] tag in the subject for
vote threads to make sure committers/PMC'ers take notice.

Re: Bugzilla to Jira?

Posted by Kevin Krouse <kk...@bea.com>.
On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 11:57, David Remy wrote:

>  Kevin, you have been doing a lot of helpful work around v1 bugs would you be interested in working on this (assuming we go forward with it)?

sure!

-- k

Re: Bugzilla to Jira?

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.