Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/18 17:09:31 UTC

question regarding jdo 2.1

What is the purpose of JDOEntityManager? Is it like a bridge between JDO And
JPA?
--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: supporting other datastores in TCK

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Erik,

On Sep 19, 2008, at 12:50 PM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running the TCK against DataNucleus and LDAP. I need to modify
> the jdo
> files, perhaps script files and the test exclusion list.
>
> Is the TCK supposed to support other datastores?

Yes.

> Is there a standard process
> to make these modifications and be able to publish the test results
> as per
> TCK run rules?

Yes, please see the instructions on running the TCK that are
distributed with the TCK itself. There is also an errata that Michelle
put together on the JDO web site.

The intent is that any datastore that supports transactions can work
with JDO and pass the TCK.

Craig

> Regards,
> Erik

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

supporting other datastores in TCK

Posted by Erik Bengtson <er...@jpox.org>.
Hi,

I'm running the TCK against DataNucleus and LDAP. I need to modify the jdo
files, perhaps script files and the test exclusion list.

Is the TCK supposed to support other datastores? Is there a standard process

Re: question regarding jdo 2.1

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Karan,

If your jdo implementation is kind enough to give you one of these,
then you can have access to both APIs without any magic or casts.

Craig