Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Bob Rossi <bo...@cox.net> on 2008/02/22 16:53:00 UTC

releasing 0.10.0

Hi,

I'm not sure what your release process is, but I would like to ensure
that log4cxx still builds on mingw/msys before it's official. Are you
going to put a release candidate up at some point?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi

RE: releasing 0.10.0

Posted by Stephen Bartnikowski <sb...@barkinglizards.com>.

Not that I can speak for Curt, but it sounded like at least two RCs were
going to made available and that a voting process would be required to make
an RC the ... uh ... gold master ... not that anything's getting burned.

So yeah, I would hope the users list would get an opportunity to say yea or
nea on the candidate.

- Stephen

Re: releasing 0.10.0

Posted by Bob Rossi <bo...@cox.net>.
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:39:12AM -0600, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure what your release process is, but I would like to ensure
>> that log4cxx still builds on mingw/msys before it's official. Are you
>> going to put a release candidate up at some point?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob Rossi
>
> It does build, but two unit tests fail on that platform that work
> everyplace else.  I'm not set up for MinGW debugging and am willing to
> release with that as a platform note, but if you'd be able to kill them off
> that would be even better.  However, it would need to be in the next hour
> or so to make the first release candidate.
>
> Here is the bug report: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-244
>
> autotools build instructions are in src/site/apr/building/autotools.apt
>
> If you are willing to dive in, please give an immediate heads up.

Nope, can't provide immediate support. Sorry. I just wanted to make sure
things build and run reasonably well. Seems like you have this
automated? I'm actually using the gcc-4.x release series that mingw has
now.

Bob Rossi

Re: releasing 0.10.0

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.