Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by lordcheng10 <15...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/23 09:05:08 UTC

回复: [Discuss][PIP-164] Support split bundle by flow or qps

&gt;It's a good idea to improve the bundle split for the case that the traffic
&gt;of the topic doesn't change drastically
&gt;Otherwise, we should not use this policy. or can we use it for all cases?

1.It is suitable for scenarios where topic traffic is relatively stable. In addition, we can also adjust the flowOrQpsDifferenceThresholdPercentage configuration to adapt to traffic fluctuations;

2.The current strategy is to split bundles based on the configuration loadBalancerNamespaceBundleMaxMsgRate or loadBalancerNamespaceBundleMaxBandwidthMbytes;

3.If the qps or traffic of a bundle is less than loadBalancerNamespaceBundleMaxMsgRate*(1+ flowOrQpsDifferenceThresholdPercentage) or loadBalancerNamespaceBundleMaxBandwidthMbytes*(1+flowOrQpsDifferenceThresholdPercentage), the policy will no longer trigger split;

&gt; do we need to consider the consumer rate
&gt; the `flow or qps` is based on the entries or messages?

1. The consumer rate has been considered;
2. The strategy has been based on the entries and throughput;

Thanks,
lordcheng10