Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anthony Rodriguez <dr...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/09 13:08:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Help with installation on Windows XP

Hi!

I’ve just installed Apache 2.2 on Widows XP using the Apache installer.

During installation I got an error message similar to the error messages I
now get when I try to start the service. Here're the error messages I now
get:

“The Apache server named reported the following error

 >>> Unable to open logs

.>>> No listening sockets available

>>> (OS10048) Only one usage of each socket address
(protocol/network/address/port) is normally permitted. :make_sock: could not
bind to adrress: 0.0.0.0.:80”

Can someone help?

Thank you.

Dr T

Re: [users@httpd] Help with installation on Windows XP

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Anthony Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I’ve just installed Apache 2.2 on Widows XP using the Apache installer.
>

> During installation I got an error message similar to the error messages I
> now get when I try to start the service. Here're the error messages I now
> get:
>

> “The Apache server named reported the following error
>

>  >>> Unable to open logs
>
> .>>> No listening sockets available

> (protocol/network/address/port) is normally permitted. :make_sock: could not
> bind to adrress: 0.0.0.0.:80”
>

> Can someone help?

Turn off any other services that may be listening to port 80 (like IIS
?), or change the Apache configuration to listen on another port (see
Apache_dir/conf/httpd.conf, the "Listen" directive).