Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ac...@saysit.com on 2002/09/29 12:02:20 UTC

Re: Best practices for Tomcat and server load

<snip>
> connection pooling in the servers environment so I'm using a new connection
> for each DB call
I should think that's the most expensive bit : setting up a connection
each time.

> connection for each session and check to see if its still valid each time it
> is needed? There are many lookup lists
It may be a better idea to set up a pool of physical connnections. A
servlet should request a free one and when not in use anymore, drop it
so that it is recycled for next servlet.

Hope that helps.

Re: Best practices for Tomcat and server load

Posted by Bill Blackmon <bi...@verizon.net>.
Thanks - any idea where to get a quick code sample on how to create my own
connection
pooling? I'm using MySQL as a database for the first time.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>