Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2001/08/23 11:54:10 UTC

Re: [Xerces2] Regressions from Merge -- NEVERMIND

I figured out the problem. In my overzealousness in making
changes to the XMLDTDValidator, I introduced a regression
*before* checking the code in. Because I was swapping
between various versions of the source file without
"touching" the file, my Ant build was not picking up the
swapped in file. Therefore, when I thought I was testing
the code from the merge I was in reality checking the
code that I wrote! Oops!

Anyway, I fixed it and we're back to where we were before.
Except now the standard Xerces2 components actually accept
the features and properties that they are documented to
accept. :)

Some problems that I found (and fixed) were: 1) the
namespace binder was paying no heed to the namespaces
feature and would *always* bind the namespaces even when
it was off. This wasn't a problem previously because this
component was used internally by the "universal" validator
which would determine whether it needed to call out to the
namespace binder. 2) The DTD validator didn't have the
dynamic validation feature implemented. So I fixed that.