Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Rich Pavlovsky <ri...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2003/04/23 19:14:48 UTC

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation and Xerces 2.4.0

I'm getting the following parser validation error under Xerces 2.4.0:

Error: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation'
is not allowed to appear in element 'foo'.

Here is a snippet of the XML file:

<foo xmlns:xsi = 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation = 'foo.xsd'>

I did not get this error with previous versions of Xerces-j (ie. 2.3.0
and 2.2.0) and the error goes away if I comment out the
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation line.

Has xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation changed in Xerces 2.4.0?

Richard Pavlovsky        email: richard.pavlovsky@jpl.nasa.gov
Space Science Data Systems Section,  Jet Propulsion Laboratory