Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Guillermo <gl...@tecsisa.com> on 2013/05/08 10:19:44 UTC

How to set DataField locale for Double records in camel bindy

Hi,

I have defined a CsvRecord with a DataField:

@DataField(pos = 1, required = true)
private Double price;

In the csv file this field has this format: XX,XX i.e. the decimal separator
is the ',' and the grouping separator is the '.'

If the VM is in ENGLISH locale/language, the records are not read correctly.
Example:

48,01 is read as 4801.0 in Java.

I need to set the locale for this DataField. I know that exists a parameter
to format Decimal, Date, etc., but if I can't set the locale, I don't think
it's very helpful for me in this case.

Maybe the solution is to define the field as a String and then format it
using DecimalFormat class.

Any ideas?

Re: How to set DataField locale for Double records in camel bindy

Posted by Guillermo <gl...@tecsisa.com>.
Hi,

I have defined these fields as a String so I am using the DecimalFormat
class to set the right locale.

This is not the best solution but temporarily i can work with it.

Regards.