Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> on 2019/03/22 18:18:16 UTC

Hangout: Learn how to hack on Airflow

Hi Airflowers,

Starting with some of the newer engineers at Astronomer, a number of people have recently asked me what the best way to develop Airflow is, especially when it comes to running tests.

So I thought I'd host a short group hangout this Wednesday 27th Mar at 17:00 GMT/1pm EST/10am PDT (note, times are only 4/7 hours apart next week, not the usual 5/8) where I'll run through how I hack on Airflow, tricks I use for running tests locally (Sneak preview: I never run them all locally, it just takes too long!) and will try to answer any questions.

I'll try and record it too for people who can't make it.

I'll follow up with a URL once I work out which platform to use (it may be a Google Hangout, or something else)

If you could reply to me OFF LIST so I can get an idea of interest, that would be useful, but not required.

Thanks,
Ash

Re: Hangout: Learn how to hack on Airflow

Posted by Sam Elamin <hu...@gmail.com>.
I'm in!

Posted by Michael Guterl <gu...@justin.tv.INVALID>.
Please add me too!

Posted by Daniel Standish <dp...@gmail.com>.
Me too please.

Posted by Martin Gauthier <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Stachurski, Stephan" <st...@nytimes.com>.
Please add me!

Posted by Thao Ha Thi Phuong <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Priyanka Singh (Reco 2.0)" <pr...@flipkart.com.INVALID>.
I am in

Posted by Shiyuan <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sai Phanindhra <ph...@gmail.com>.
Im in

Posted by Roberto Santamaria <ro...@gmail.com>.
I’m in!  Thank you for hosting it.

-Roberto

> On Mar 22, 2019, at 2:18 PM, Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Airflowers,
>
> Starting with some of the newer engineers at Astronomer, a number of people have recently asked me what the best way to develop Airflow is, especially when it comes to running tests.
>
> So I thought I'd host a short group hangout this Wednesday 27th Mar at 17:00 GMT/1pm EST/10am PDT (note, times are only 4/7 hours apart next week, not the usual 5/8) where I'll run through how I hack on Airflow, tricks I use for running tests locally (Sneak preview: I never run them all locally, it just takes too long!) and will try to answer any questions.
>
> I'll try and record it too for people who can't make it.
>
> I'll follow up with a URL once I work out which platform to use (it may be a Google Hangout, or something else)
>
> If you could reply to me OFF LIST so I can get an idea of interest, that would be useful, but not required.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash

Re: Hangout: Learn how to hack on Airflow (CHANGE OF DAY)

Posted by bh...@gmail.com, bh...@gmail.com.
I am in, thank you for hosting it.  Please add me in email list if there's any so that I can have Hangouts link.

Re: Hangout: Learn how to hack on Airflow (recording available)

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
The recording has been uploaded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBtXaPEg9yE

The text may not be clear at various points, sorry about that; I'll try and get around to writing up a blog post or two of things.

-ash

Posted by Kevin Yang <yr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chao-Han Tsai <mi...@gmail.com>.

--

Chao-Han Tsai

Re: Hangout: Learn how to hack on Airflow (CHANGE OF DAY)

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>
E: jarek.potiuk@polidea.com

Re: Hangout: Learn how to hack on Airflow (CHANGE OF DAY)

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriele Di Bernardo <gd...@bol.com>.
Hi Ash,

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.