Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by ki...@utoronto.ca on 2004/06/24 17:16:40 UTC

Questions about Handler and Design...

Hi,

  First of all, thanks for those who answered my previous questions concerning
the Axis and Apache set up problems.

  Currently, I have just a few more questions

1. What is Handler good for? (Is it necessary?)
   Following the user guide provided on the Axis official website, it seems to
me that the Axis was performing just right without the Handler. In fact, once i
implement Handlers, I suffer the problem of Apache 2.X took up 98 to 99% of CPU
resource, thus the web service didn't work at all.  (so is Handler necessary ?
and recommmended? ??)

2. How do I encrypt my message?
   I m planning to have MySQL runs on top of Axis. So people could querry the
database via Axis + Apache.  For the security reasons, I would like to encrypt
the message, maybe by sending the message through SSL.  Do I do this with
Apache? or Axis?

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Kim

Re: Questions about Handler and Design...

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi,

>1. What is Handler good for? (Is it necessary?)

Handler are mainly to deal with SOAP Headers. i.e To process a incoming
SOAP Header, you can use a Handler. Have a look at the Handler samples
provided (the user guide mentions the locatoins of these samples etc).

>In fact, once i
> implement Handlers, I suffer the problem of Apache 2.X took up 98 to 99% of CPU
> resource,

I am not sure about this.

>so is Handler necessary ?
> and recommmended? ??

If you need to process a incoming SOAP Heder, you have to use a Handler.

>2. How do I encrypt my message?

Axis C++ was talking about SSL suport and I think "Elrod" send a patch
for this some time back. But I think this is not tested and applied yet
to Axis C++, or it is having a problem, hense not applied to Axis C++.
This patch was for SSL supprot for Axis C++ client. If you are taling
about SSL support for Axis C++ Server I guess it can be done through
enabling Apache SSL support.

Roshan