Posted to cvs@httpd.apache.org by Roy Fielding <fi...@hyperreal.com> on 1996/10/27 11:36:30 UTC

cvs commit: apache/src util_date.h util_date.c

fielding    96/10/27 02:36:30

  Added:       src       util_date.h util_date.c
  Log:
  I extracted the HTTP date parsing routines from proxy_util.c,
  added the asctime format to those being parsed, modified the
  interface to only include what was actually being used, and made
  a bunch of improvements for speed and robustness.  I tested the
  routines with a random date generator (maybe we should add a directory
  for test programs?) and a variety of invalid formats.

  I needed these for use by http_protocol.c in interpreting IMS and IUS dates,
  but I strongly recommend that they also be used by the proxy module;
  it will require a bit of work to modify the proxy's calls, but the
  new routines supply a superset of functionality with better portability
  (i.e., they don't assume long == int) and speed.