Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Nestel, Frank" <fr...@coi.de> on 2001/05/25 13:17:15 UTC

Does FOP now need Batik?

Hi,

I've compiled the FOP from the 23th of Mai myself since I hoped
I would get arround my problems with Tables getting broken onto
two pages without an obvious reason.

Compiling goes fine with the provided batch under Win-NT. Thanks!

But, when I replace the FOP 0.17 with my selfbrewed and start the
corresponding servlet, I get the following stack trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SVGContext
        at
org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping.addToBuilder(SVGElementMapping.java:17)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.addElementMapping(Driver.java:324)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.addElementMapping(Driver.java:336)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.setupDefaultMappings(Driver.java:215)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:143)
        at de.coi.servlet.XMLServlet.obtainResult(XMLServlet.java:392)
        at de.coi.servlet.XMLServlet.doGet(XMLServlet.java:243)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:102)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:83)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:310)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:121)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:238)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:157)
        at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:140)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Yes the servlet worked fine before, it only had above table layout problem.
Does this mean that I now need to have Batik with FOP now? I didn't need it
with
earlier versions of FOP and I do not want to deploy additional jars without
knowing whatfor they are really needed.

Any comments appreciated,
Frank

Re: Does FOP now need Batik?

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Nestel, Frank" <fr...@coi.de> wrote: > Hi,
> Yes the servlet worked fine before, it only had above table layout problem.
> Does this mean that I now need to have Batik with FOP now?

I believe the SVG code in FOP has been replaced by Batik. I don't know if
you are using SVG and whether you can get away without Batik if you aren't.

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        alex@OWAL.co.uk
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/