Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com> on 2007/08/08 16:00:30 UTC

Apache Sling

Hi all,

For those of you not reading the Jackrabbit and/or Incubator General
mailing lists, I would like to inform you, that I proposed Sling as a
new Apache project today. The proposal can be found at [1] while more
information on Sling itself has been made available at [2] and companion
pages.

Sling is implemented completely as OSGi Bundles and makes heavy use of
the OSGi functionality such as Service Registry, Lifecycle Management as
well as compendium services such as Declarative Service, Configuration
Admin Service and Metatype Service.

If anyone out there in Apache Felix Land is interested in this project,
you are very welcome to participate.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/SlingProposal
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ApacheSling

Re: Apache Sling

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 08.08.2007, 22:33 +0800 schrieb Niclas Hedhman:
> You got my vote already...

Good news, too ! Thanks.

Regards
Felix

Re: Apache Sling

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 08 August 2007 22:00, Felix Meschberger wrote:

> Sling is implemented completely as OSGi Bundles

Good news!

You got my vote already...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: Apache Sling

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 8/9/07, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 08.08.2007, 23:00 +0200 schrieb Karl Pauls:
> > I'd definitely be interested!
>
> Great !
>
> So I just add you to the list of initial committers.

Sure :-)

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Apache Sling

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

Re: Apache Sling

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 8/8/07, Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For those of you not reading the Jackrabbit and/or Incubator General
> mailing lists, I would like to inform you, that I proposed Sling as a
> new Apache project today. The proposal can be found at [1] while more
> information on Sling itself has been made available at [2] and companion
> pages.
>
> Sling is implemented completely as OSGi Bundles and makes heavy use of
> the OSGi functionality such as Service Registry, Lifecycle Management as
> well as compendium services such as Declarative Service, Configuration
> Admin Service and Metatype Service.

That sounds very interesting. I'd love to see a web application
framework based on OSGi (and Felix :-) at Apache.