Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by ocket 8888 <oc...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/03 21:50:51 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 4.0.0-RC3

+1 all RPMs build and I could run some test `curl`s through CiaB; also all
the Go unit and client/api integration tests are passing and the docs are
building without errors.

Posted by Robert O Butts <ro...@apache.org>.
I have to -1 again, sorry. There's a bug in ORT, a cache file is broken,
nondeterministically causing parent.config and others to be missing entries.

Fix is in https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/pull/4387 . It's a small
fix, just involves moving the filtering a little further down in a single
function.

Right now you can't disable caching in ORT, making this critically
breaking. That PR also adds a flag to ORT to disable caching, to hopefully
reduce the severity of future caching bugs.