Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Iwanowski, Maciej" <ma...@intel.com> on 2018/11/29 19:58:36 UTC

Sidecar for dynamic resource allocation in Mesos

Hello,

My team at Intel has recently opensourced a Mesos-related project: Orchestration-aware Workload Collocation Agent (https://github.com/intel/owca). Goal of the project is to: "dynamically manage platform isolation mechanisms to ensure that high priority jobs meet their service level objective (SLO) and best-effort jobs effectively utilize as many idle resources as possible" (https://github.com/intel/owca/blob/master/docs/OWCA_Architecture_v1.5.pdf). As we are aiming at integrating other orchestration platform we decided to build a sidecar rather than a Mesos module. Library is written in Python because of ubiquity of the language in Machine Learning and Big Data environments - we are planning to experiment with various resource allocation and anomaly detection algorithms.

I hope that you will find the idea interesting or even, one day, deployable 😉

Maciej
an engineer

Intel Technology Poland sp. z o.o.
ul. Slowackiego 173 | 80-298 Gdansk | Sad Rejonowy Gdansk Polnoc | VII Wydzial Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sadowego - KRS 101882 | NIP 957-07-52-316 | Kapital zakladowy 200.000 PLN.

Ta wiadomosc wraz z zalacznikami jest przeznaczona dla okreslonego adresata i moze zawierac informacje poufne. W razie przypadkowego otrzymania tej wiadomosci, prosimy o powiadomienie nadawcy oraz trwale jej usuniecie; jakiekolwiek
przegladanie lub rozpowszechnianie jest zabronione.
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies; any review or distribution by
others is strictly prohibited.

Re: Sidecar for dynamic resource allocation in Mesos

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
This is great to see. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Radoslaw Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>.
Cool name, "owca" is "sheep" in Polish.

--
Best regards,
Radek Gruchalski

Posted by "Iwanowski, Maciej" <ma...@intel.com>.
Hi Abel,

I would love to read it if you can share it 😊

Maciej.

Posted by Abel Souza <ab...@cs.umu.se>.
Interesting.

I've been working on a paper doing exactly that, but in a different
context. I can share a draft version of it if you like.

Best,

/Abel