Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Mingfei Peng <mf...@excite.com> on 2000/08/30 10:11:33 UTC

Performance difference between FormatterToDOM and FormatterToXML

When I use TestXSLT(release build) to transform the attached samples, if I
use FormatterToXML, it takes several seconds, but if "-DOM" is used it will
take about 10 minutes.
Then I print the XSLT trace result and find that the two trace files are the
same. The difference between FormatterToXML and FormatterToDOM may be the
ways as DocumentHandler. But there is so great a gap in performance, why?

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html