Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Kristofor Horst <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/19 19:53:00 UTC

Identify exchange-queue bindings?

I would like to quickly identify exchange-queue bindings while examining the
raw json.
Currently, I see something similar to this queue definition with binding
block as :

{
  "id" : <UUID1>
  "name": "queuename",
  "type" : "standard"
   … (more irrelevant stuff)
   "bindings" : [{
         "exchange" : <UUID of some exchange>
         "id" : <UUID2>
         "name" : "queuename"
         … (more irrelevant stuff)
 }]
}

*Is there a way to enable exchange names in this format* (with the UUID
present as well, perhaps)?

I have a work around where I am including a key that is invalid, say
"_comments", and giving it the value of the exchange name. The key is
ignored by the application and is persisted across starts/restarts in the
file, as far as I can tell. This seems inelegant and I am concerned it is
not scalable going to new versions.

I am using Java 6.1.4 and can not upgrade to a newer build yet.

Thanks.

Re: Identify exchange-queue bindings?

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kristofor,

The Qpid Broker-J JSON store does not support storing exchange name as part
of  binding attributes. Though, potentially, you can use description field
of binding and save the exchange name there. I am surprised that
non-existing attribute "_comments" is not removed from the store on any
store update. I would consider such behaviour as a defect.

Please note that in broker versions 7.x the binding details are stored as
part of exchange attributes.

Kind Regards,
Alex