Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben Yau <by...@cardcommerce.com> on 2004/01/03 02:04:24 UTC

[users@httpd] backout works : re: Apache/Redhat Simple AuthType Basic not working :( help please

Tom.
Thanks for the tip.  We recentlyupgraded to 2.0.48.  I downgraded to 2.0.45
(prevoius versoin) and it works now.

Also, the authname on the dialog box is a valid one defined in the
httpd.conf file.  The identical httpd.conf file in the 2.0.48 apache
1) did not auth for reports.auto-rebate.com
2) did auth for youthfocusfund.com but with an authname that wasn't in
httpd.conf

go figure  :/
Thanks for your help!  And for tolerating my crazinesss!

ben y