Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by robert woodley <am...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/29 23:19:35 UTC

Capitalization: WSDL doesn't match SOAP

Hi All -

If my java bean has property "foo", then the SOAP
message contains a tag like this <foo>, but the WSDL
(generated using Java2wsdl) has a tag like this
<element name="Foo" ...> (note that the case is
different). Axis ignores this case difference, but
other SOAP clients (like the MS Soap toolkit) do not.

Am I missing something fundamental (always a
possibility)? I tried to wade thru the XML Schema doc
to get some light on this, but I couldn't find this
directly addressed.

It seems to me that this is a bug and that the WSDL
does not accurately describe the SOAP message. Am I
wrong?

Thanks in advance
Bob Woodley

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com