Posted to odf-users@incubator.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de> on 2017/01/13 21:39:04 UTC

[Simple API/List] Suspicious DEFAULT_NAME Simple_Default_Bullet_List in BulletDecorator

Hello,

I've several problems decorating a list, so I had a look at
org.odftoolkit.simple.text.list.BulletDecorator and into content.xml of
some test documents.

In BulletDecorator I found:
private static String DEFAULT_NAME = "Simple_Default_Bullet_List";

This default name is used for searching and creating the listStyle.
However, I cannot find the name in the created document, so it's
probably never really used.

BTW and IMHO, BulletDecorator does not support for inheritance very
well, as fields are private and no accessors are available. Furthermore,
static fields are used e.g. for bullets.

Kind regards
Peter

Re: [Simple API/List] Suspicious DEFAULT_NAME Simple_Default_Bullet_List in BulletDecorator

Posted by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hello Peter,

I agree on your opinion. The list style "Simple_Default_Bullet_List" is
only checked for existence, but never created.
Perhapse some internal use case that was kept in the sources, nothing like
this is mentioned in the specification.

Please feel free to refactor.

Kind regards,
Svante