Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> on 2010/06/25 09:44:07 UTC

Re: testing WebSocket + STOMP support, getting occasional "No transportListener available..." errors

Hi Steve,

WebSocket support is pretty new. Thanks for testing it, can you post your JS
code so we can try reproduce the problem you're seeing?

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by Steve Kehlet <st...@mirthcorp.com>.
> can you post your JS code so we can try reproduce the problem you're
seeing?

Cool, thanks for the response.  Sure, I am able to reproduce it with only
the code from Jeff Mesnil at http://github.com/jmesnil/stomp-websocket,
linked off his "Stomp of Websockets" page at
http://jmesnil.net/stomp-websocket/doc/.  Download the source and install it
somewhere it can be served.

Download a 5.4 snapshot activemq, add the transportConnectors for websocket
and stomp to activemq.xml (I don't believe I did anything else special to
it), start it up, and tail -F the activemq.log.  I'm using 32 bit java
1.6.0_16 on CentOS 5.3.

Browse to his chat example index.html, and here are the values I used (you
might edit the index.html with your values to make this easier):

Server URL: ws://10.10.3.153:61614/stomp
Login: guest
Password: guest
Destination: /topic/test

Simply Connect and Disconnect until you get the "No transportListener
available to process inbound command" ERROR in the log.  Took maybe 5-10
times at first, then I stopped and restarted activemq, and it happened on
the first try.   Then if you keep trying, you'll get in.

Also when I let a successful connection go I can see with tcpdumps that the
activemq side consistently closes the connection after 200 seconds, which is
something else I'd like to be able to increase (but due to my noobness with
activemq I don't know and can't seem to google well enough to figure out
how).

I'm happy to believe it's me or something I'm doing, if I can provide any
more information or do any tests please let me know.  Thanks again, this is
really cool stuff btw.

Re: testing WebSocket + STOMP support, getting occasional "No transportListener available..." errors

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

you should raise a Jira for this and try to create a test case to reproduce
the issue.

Regards
-----------------
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Connect at CamelOne <http://camelone.com/> May 24-26

The Open Source Integration Conference

Posted by stratio <st...@hotmail.it>.

Posted by stratio <st...@hotmail.it>.
Anyone has any idea or suggestion about this problem?

Re: testing WebSocket + STOMP support, getting occasional "No transportListener available..." errors

Posted by stratio <st...@hotmail.it>.
Hello, I'm having the same problem occasionally. I use websocket over
stomp(Jeff Mesnil's javascript) to connect to a topic and sometimes i get
this message and can't manage to connect.

What does this problem depend on?

Is there a solution for it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: testing WebSocket + STOMP support, getting occasional "No transportListener available..." errors

Posted by stratio <st...@hotmail.it>.
Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. I have a javascript application
connecting to a topic over websocket with stomp and sometimes I get this
error and can't manage to connect.

Does anyone know what it depends on?

Is it a bug of the Stomp js client(Jeff Mesnil's one) ?

Is there a way to solve or avoid it?

Thanks in advance for the help.