Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca> on 1999/12/01 01:52:19 UTC

Re: FOP and gcj/libgcj

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Joerg Brunsmann wrote:

> I'm trying to compile FOP, XT and XP with
> gcj (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/java/).
> Besides some other problems I ran into this
> one:
>
> In
>
> http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-fop/src/org/apache/fop/pdf/PDFLink.java?rev=1.1
>
> you use java.awt.Rectangle. The libgcj
> implementation currently lacks a java.awt
> package. So my question is if it's reasonable
> for you to introduce a new class, say
>
>  org.apache.fop.datatypes.FOPRectangle
>
> which doesn't depend on java.awt?

I don't know if we'd explicitly want to create this (I suspect not), but
the easy fix is for you to write this class yourself, with the same fields
as a Rectangle has, and I think (don't quote me) the copy constructor and
the (x,y,width,height) constructor, and then just do a search and replace.

The methods of the Rectangle class are used nowhere, so this is fast and
dirty. And it'll work.

Arved