Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Matt Hudson <ma...@spaceship.com> on 2000/12/26 23:45:23 UTC

Xalan-J 1 bug in (namespaces)

Greetings,

I think I may have discovered a Xalan bug.  Could someone verify or
(better) point me at a fixed version of Xalan?

I want to have namespace prefixes generated automatically, but
the namespace parameter of the <xsl:element namespace="..."/> instruction emits
a prefix declaration only the first time it matches a node.  Subsequent
matches in the same document lack namespace prefix declarations.

The bug has been verified on my end with the newest released versions
of Xalan and Xerces (1.2.2) as well as Xalan 1_2_D02 and Xerces 1_2
that came bundled with Cocoon 1.8.  The platform is Debian Linux running
Sun JDK 1.3.

I've tried to make it easy to demonstrate.  Example input data, XSL, jars,
a README, and a shell script frontend are available in a tarball:

	http://ufo.spaceship.com/~matt/xml/bugdoc.tar
	(~1.6M)

or

	http://ufo.spaceship.com/~matt/xml/bugdoc-nojars.tar
	(30Kb)

for a copy without jars.

Happy Holidays,

-matt

PS:  I've noticed some discussion about Xalan 1_2_D05, but I can't seem to
figure out the meaning of the Dxx name scheme or where to get these releases.
Any help here is appreciated!

PPS:  Is there a Xerces-dev mailing list?  Sending a message to
xerces-dev-subscribe@xml.apache.org didn't seem to be the right bits for me.  TIA.

--
        First post, hot grits, with liberty and Natalie Portman for all!

      matt hudson   matt@spaceship.com    http://www.spaceship.com/~matt

Posted by Michael Taylor <mt...@emeraldcave.net>.
unsubscribe xalan-dev

Re: Xalan-J 1 bug in (namespaces)

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Matt Hudson wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I think I may have discovered a Xalan bug.  Could someone verify or
> (better) point me at a fixed version of Xalan?

Don't know what the problem was but it seems to be fixed in the current
Xalan version which is at http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/index.html under
"How do I get it?"  Please be aware that this is a beta version.

> PS:  I've noticed some discussion about Xalan 1_2_D05, but I can't seem to
> figure out the meaning of the Dxx name scheme or where to get these releases.
> Any help here is appreciated!

The Dxx indicates that this is a "devloper" release, in this case, a
beta version.  These are not as stable as the non-Dxx releases.
However, in the case of Xalan-Java, the XalanJ2 release is a complete
rewrite of Xalan and very different from XalanJ1.  I'd advise using the
beta release for testing going forward.  A lot of stuff has be
re-architected and cleaned up.

Gary