Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Predrag Lezaic <pl...@lutefisktechnologies.com> on 2004/09/14 19:15:26 UTC

Subject line

Would it be possible to have emails to this list have something such as
"[SA-LIST} Subject here" in the subject line for easier sorting of the
emails in folders? This is actually the first list  am using that
doesn't have anything unique in the subject.

Thanks,
Predrag

Re: Subject line

Posted by Satya <sa...@thesatya.com>.
On Sep 14, 2004 at 12:15, Predrag Lezaic wrote:

>Would it be possible to have emails to this list have something such as
>"[SA-LIST} Subject here" in the subject line for easier sorting of the
>emails in folders? This is actually the first list  am using that
>doesn't have anything unique in the subject.

Why not sort on the List-ID? The List-ID may have changed several
times, but I've never (or rarely enough that I don't remember) had to
change my procmail rule, which says:

:0:
* ^List-ID:.*spamassassin
mail/satalk

Yeah, I know everyone doesn't use procmail. I do.

--
Satya. http://www.thesatya.com/
'Press to test.' <click>  'Release to detonate.'

Re: Subject line

Posted by Gary Schrock <li...@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>.
At 01:24 PM 9/14/2004, Tom Meunier wrote:
>You're using Mozilla Thunderbird.  Use the List-ID header  / contains /
>users.spamassassin.apache.org for your message rules, and it'll work fine.

At least until the next time it changes :P.

Re: Subject line

Posted by Tom Meunier <to...@mvps.org>.
Predrag Lezaic wrote:

> Would it be possible to have emails to this list have something such
> as "[SA-LIST} Subject here" in the subject line for easier sorting of
> the emails in folders? This is actually the first list  am using that
> doesn't have anything unique in the subject.

This has been discussed a lot.  Yes, it's possible.  No, it's not going
to happen.  Yes, a flamewar is probably going to erupt again because you
asked.  :)

Re: Subject line

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 01:31 PM 9/14/2004, Roger E. Rustad, Jr. wrote:
>I second that.
>
>Often ppl on the list will (b)cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org, so we
>need something like a [listserv name] subject header.

If you can find anything not covered in past threads, feel free to repost,
but please read the archives first. There's a rather obscenely large number
of posts on this subject there.

Might I suggest a few choice posts for your convenience:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general/40690/match=subject+prefix

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general/40735/match=subject+prefix+new+list

Or any search of the gmane archives for:
         subject prefix new list
         subject tag poll results

Re: Subject line

Posted by "Roger E. Rustad, Jr." <sc...@iname.com>.
I second that.

Often ppl on the list will (b)cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org, so we need
something like a [listserv name] subject header.

Roger