Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by prabha britto <nm...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/22 23:20:46 UTC

how to catch ConnectException

Hi,
I am trying to run a soap application,where it checks
for soap service is deployed on the server.If it is
not deployed it waits and  tries after 10 minutes.
I try to catch all the exceptions it throws ,but I am
not able to catch ConnectException.

I get the following error :
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no
further information
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown
Source)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown
Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.net.HTTPUtils.buildSocket(HTTPUtils.java:119)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.net.HTTPUtils.post(HTTPUtils.java:165)
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:208)
        at
org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:203)

Can anyone please help me on this?

regards,
praba

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: how to catch ConnectException

Posted by Raghu Tholasendrapuram <ra...@yackinc.com>.
Did u start the application server like web sphere or something like that
which starts the soap server i.e. the RPCRouterServlet at start up. That
could be the problem. If u are using websphere application server u have  to
start it before invoking the soap client. I encounter this when i forget to
start the application sever on the command prompt (for websphere). Hope this
helps.

-raghu