Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ow...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 21:56:32 UTC

WSDL/REST interface to zookeeper server

Hi there

I can get access to the data stored in the zookeeper servers with the
zookeeper client only. I'd like to provide a WSDL or REST interface to
clients to read and maybe write information. I see two options

1) The WSDL/REST facade is deployed within the zookeeper server and runs
within the same operating system process

2) The WSDL/REST facade is installed on the same machine but within a
seperate process and uses the zookeeper client api

IMHO, I'd prefer the 1st option but don't know whether this is possible. I
also had the idea to deploy the zookeeper server into an OSGi container and
the facade is a seperate bundle.

Which solution makes more sense to you and why?

Thanks a lot
Oliver

Re: WSDL/REST interface to zookeeper server

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
You might take a look at src/contrib/rest, it's got a full
implementation of a rest server (via proxy).
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/trunk/src/contrib/rest/

Patrick

Posted by Chris Medaglia <cm...@itasoftware.com>.