Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de> on 2003/11/24 15:23:33 UTC

DBCP problem with Oracle 9i and default isolation settings

Hi!

I am currently porting Jakarta-Slide's DB backend to Oracle 9i using
DBCP. The problem is Oracle expects the setting of the isolation level
to be the first in a transaction.  When using default isolation levels
in ctor of PoolableConnectionFactory activateObject first sets
autocommit and readonly, then isolation. If this is reversed, i.e. first
set isolation then the other stuff, things work.

Could someone please check?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Re: DBCP problem with Oracle 9i and default isolation settings

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
Thanks, Dirk, I have now :)

Oliver

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
Ooops, forgot to mention: The problem is not autocommit, but readonly...

Oliver