Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by Dutta Satadip <s-...@sbcglobal.net> on 2004/01/17 08:59:20 UTC

Enhancements to Validator

Hello,

I have been  trying to make some enhancements to the xml schema validator.I rcvd some requests to provide with functionality that would allow users of the xml schema validator to programatically retrieve errors.

Some of the users have expressed the desire to have the ability to extract the errors during schema validation dynamically so that
- application specific messages can be created on the fly
- appropriate suggestions can be made based on user input and subsequent validation

Feedback on potential use cases in the area of extracting errors during validation would be greatly appreciated.

The user inputs would really help with defining the requirements so that the right functionality can be written.

Thanks a lot for your time.

With Regards
Dutta:)