Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Martin.Bergljung" <Ma...@opsera.com> on 2008/09/29 16:31:25 UTC

IMAP Module question

Hi,

I am working on a project where we have integrated the Apache James IMAP
module with Alfresco.

We have that integration working fine now but would like to upgrade the
IMAP libs etc to be inline

with latest builds from Apache James, and what will be released, so we
are not working with code/branch that is obsolete etc.

I have been using the james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-SNAPSHOT
nightly build to do the upgrade to latest code.

However, there is some stuff I do not follow, for example, we have been
overriding some of the command implementations

to get the system to work with Lotus Notes. In the
james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-SNAPSHOT build I can see the

SelectCommand.class in a couple of places. However, in the source code
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk and

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk) I don't see the
command classes anymore. I thought this was because

you are now using a more efficient architecture or something, the
commands were created for each request for example.

Basically what branche(s) should I use to integrate latest Apache James
IMAP module with Alfresco?

Any help much appreciated,

Martin Bergljung

Re: IMAP Module question

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Martin.Bergljung
<Ma...@opsera.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am working on a project where we have integrated the Apache James IMAP
> module with Alfresco.

cool :-)

> We have that integration working fine now but would like to upgrade the
> IMAP libs etc to be inline
>
> with latest builds from Apache James, and what will be released, so we
> are not working with code/branch that is obsolete etc.

ok

> I have been using the james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-SNAPSHOT
> nightly build to do the upgrade to latest code.
>
> However, there is some stuff I do not follow, for example, we have been
> overriding some of the command implementations
>
> to get the system to work with Lotus Notes. In the
> james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-SNAPSHOT build I can see the
>
> SelectCommand.class in a couple of places. However, in the source code
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk and
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk) I don't see the
> command classes anymore. I thought this was because
>
> you are now using a more efficient architecture or something, the
> commands were created for each request for example.

yes

the old commands have now been factor into codecs and processors with
messages passed between them.

> Basically what branche(s) should I use to integrate latest Apache James
> IMAP module with Alfresco?

the IMAP codebase has been moved out from the trunk server. you can
find it now at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk/
(though this may change)

note that we hope to cut IMAP milestone soon before extensively
revising the data access architecture.

- robert