Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Billy <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com> on 2007/12/19 10:34:15 UTC

hbase row split

Hbase does split on a row key level so what's to happens if I have a row
that's larger then the max region size set in the conf?

I have one row that has been split into many smaller regions I just checking
if it can tell what row goes where.

Re: hbase row split

Posted by Billy <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.

Re: hbase row split

Posted by Billy <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
yes I was running trunk it was a few days back so I do not have a snap shot
of the regions but I can tell you how I produced it in Jira. will submit a
bug report.

Any suggestions on what the plans are if a section of a table get a lot of
rows for the same key say it get to be huge then what would we do?

Billy

Re: hbase row split

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: hbase row split