Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "sumanta.pakira@wipro.com" <su...@wipro.com> on 2015/03/09 15:05:50 UTC

How to get MoreLikeThis result

I'm trying to understand how Solr MorelIkeThis works. Steps I've done -

1. In schema.xml I've written -
<field name="path_exact" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
termVectors="true"/>

<field name="title" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" termVectors="true"/>

2. Mentioned <uniqueKey>path_exact</uniqueKey>

3. Created index in solr by using below command -

{"path_exact":"id1","title":"x1"}

{"path_exact":"id2","title":"x12"}

4. Now when I'm trying to hit the below url then it return result but I'm
not able to understand what does it mean exactly? Is it not able to find
morelikethis item for id1 and id2? If, yes, then what I'm missing here?

http://:/solr/collection2/select?q=x1*&mlt=true&mlt.fl=title&wt=xml

Result -

 <lst name="moreLikeThis">
     <result name="id1" numFound="0" start="0"/>
    <result name="id2" numFound="0" start="0"/>
Thanks for your help!