Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/12 19:53:23 UTC

Kafka paper broken link in confluence

On the papers and presentations confluence page [1], the original Kafka paper is now a broken link [2], perhaps because the person who had put it on their site took it down.  I saw a few places such as http://notes.stephenholiday.com/Kafka.pdf <http://notes.stephenholiday.com/Kafka.pdf> that host it but that might be prone to the same volatility in the future.  I believe with authenticated access, it should be possible to attach files within confluence.  I don’t have access to modify Kafka confluence but would be happy to get that going if I was given access.

Cheers,

Jeremy

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+papers+and+presentations <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+papers+and+presentations>
[2] http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/srikanth/netdb11/netdb11papers/netdb11-final12.pdf <http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/srikanth/netdb11/netdb11papers/netdb11-final12.pdf>