Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/20 14:41:43 UTC

legends

I saw an interesting wiki markup feature on FlexWiki this morning and wonder
the simplest way to implement something similar on JSPWiki.

The effect is to display an HTML legend (
http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_legend.asp). They used it to frame a list
of links or box of text. Similar to the %%information%% and %%warning%%
styles, I guess.

The markup was pretty simple:

Some_Legend_Caption: whatever I want listed in the box, [even links]

So the syntax seemed to be any single word followed by a ':' was displayed
as a legend.

Can we add legends through a new CSS style? I'm not familiar enough with CSS
to know if this is doable.

The obvious solution would be to write a plugin that would probably look
like this:

[{Legend title='this is  my title' whatever content I want here}]

Thoughts?

--
Bobman

Re: legends

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, the <fieldset> and <legend> elements are perfectly
supported by IE6.
There are some css issues, but using the standard styling should be fine.

I'd rather build this 'legend' thingy into the current %%commentbox style,
to avoid to many new dynamic style variants.

%%commentbox:  floating box at the left of the screen
%%commentbox-MyTitle:  floating box with a 'legend' kind of title style
%%commentbox-MyTitle-nofloat:   non-floating

dirk

Re: legends

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Re: legends