Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefano Mancarella <ma...@opoipi.bancaintesa.it> on 2001/08/28 18:04:55 UTC

Problem with and update="true" (possible RFE)

I'm trying to update an existing war file using the <war> task with update
set to true:

  <war warfile="${jars.dir}/${war.file}" update="true">
   <webinf dir="${xml.dir}" includes="some.xml"/>
   <lib dir="${lib.dir}" includes="some.jar"/>
  </war>

(using Ant1.4 beta2)

This doesn't work because the "webxml" attribute is required, so I'm forced
to re-specify it, even if the war file already contains it.
Wouldn't it be nice if "webxml" was required only if update is set to false?
The same could be applied to <ear> and "appxml".

P.S.: I know I can use the <jar> task instead, but that way I would have to
use zipfilesets, which seems a worse solution to me.