Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Zhang, Naigong (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <zh...@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov> on 2017/12/14 20:18:10 UTC

solr 6.6.0 /export returns xml not json

Hi,
We recently upgraded to solr version 6.6.0, and now the /export RequestHandler only returns xml (with wt=json or not). Before, with version 5.4.1, we were getting json.

The manual clearly says that the default should be json:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/exporting-result-sets.html

Can we get json with solr 6.6.0 /export?

Thanks for your help!

Re: solr 6.6.0 /export returns xml not json

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
I suspect when you did the upgrade you kept the same configs. The /export
handler is an implicit handler in 6.6 so if you see any reference to
/export handler in the solrconfig remove it.

The /export hander does only return json or javabin in Solr 6.6.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/