Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Go Test <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/28 06:27:10 UTC

xml files Encoding issue

Hi,

I'm new to xmlbean, I'm now trying to write a program
to read a xml file (With chinese characters) from
linux and display it to browser through tomcat 5.0.27.
But I can only get some garbage character in the
browser. I don't know what's wrong with it. Should I
use a utf-8 encoded file, or ascii file? I've tried
some utf-8 encoded file but the parser has "Prolog ..
error". How about the header of the xml files? Can
anyone show me some guidelines on that?Thanks.

Regards,
Hang

Re: xml files Encoding issue

Posted by su...@tcs.com.
Hi,
I don't  know whether my suggestion would solve ur problem or not.... just
try out the following
Write the following as the header of the xml file..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
if it doesn't work then try with <encoding = "ISO-8859-1">

Regards,
Sujoy Banerjee
Mailto: sujoy.banerjee@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Go Test <ha...@yahoo.com>
04/28/2005 09:57 AM
Please respond to
user@xmlbeans.apache.org

xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
cc

Subject
xml files Encoding issue

Hi,

I'm new to xmlbean, I'm now trying to write a program
to read a xml file (With chinese characters) from
linux and display it to browser through tomcat 5.0.27.
But I can only get some garbage character in the
browser. I don't know what's wrong with it. Should I
use a utf-8 encoded file, or ascii file? I've tried
some utf-8 encoded file but the parser has "Prolog ..
error". How about the header of the xml files? Can
anyone show me some guidelines on that?Thanks.

Regards,
Hang

ForwardSourceID:NT0000A762

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you