Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Gang Luo <lg...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2010/02/01 15:02:14 UTC

task-specific parameter

Hi all,
Usually we set the parameter before the job starts. I am wondering whether we can do that after the job starts, e.g. in a configure() method of a map task. Or can we even do that in map function to dynamically tune the parameters? How about reduce side?

Besides, If I can do that in a specific task, are these modifications only visible to that task, or do they have a global impact? (currently, I am focusing on io.sort.record.percent).

Thanks.

-Gang

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/