Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Rick Braddy <rb...@softnas.com> on 2015/10/03 23:59:13 UTC

Remote process group networking

I have a question about network paths required for proper operation of remote process groups.

By default, the initial connection from source node to remote process group target node is on port 8080.  Then, there's a second port (e.g., I set it to 8081 and a setting for whether it's SSL secured or not).

The question is, are the TCP connection one way, from source node where graph is running to the remote process group's node only, or are bidirectional TCP connections required?

The reason I ask is encountering problems trying to connect from data center that has open outbound firewall, but allows no incoming connections.  On the target node, there is no indication in nifi-app.log of the source node even attempting connect (not sure if debug logging is required).

If there's some other information on remote process group network topology setup and/or troubleshooting, would be great to read up on it.

Thanks
Rick

Re: Remote process group networking

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.